Thursday, November 22, 2012

Author of the Month - Amber Argyle - Interview




This month, the spotlight is on Amber Argyle, our Author of the Month! She is the author of the two wonderful books "Witch Song" and "Witch Born".
You can find my review for "Witch Song" HERE. The review for "Witch Born" will be going up on the blog this Saturday.
If you want to know more about Amber, here are some links that might be helpful:
Goodreads | Website | Blog

Today, we welcome Amber on the blog!

This year is the first time I’m participating in NaNoWriMo, I’ve never really written anything in the past, but I wanted to try and I’m really enjoying it! Have you participated in NaNoWriMo or are you participating this year? Do you have any tips for people participating?

I did NaNoWriMo last year, when I was working on Witch Born. Some tips are to post your goals somewhere (like your blog) and update your status daily. That gives you some outside accountability. Get a group of writer friends together to go in with and have competitions amongst yourselves. Have a daily minimum word goal. Try to create a writing block—a time allocated for writing that’s at the same time and place every day. At present, my goal is to write and publish one book a year. I have deadlines for first drafts, copyedits, formatting, typesetting, etc.

What made you decide you wanted to be an author?

I’ve always wanted to be an author, but the fear of failure held me back. When my second son was born with colic (often crying for 16 hours a day), I had to find an outlet for all the stress building up inside me. Around the same time, I read my first ever young adult high fantasy. My brain started spinning with ideas begging to be written down.

What was your childhood dreamjob?

Whenever my teachers asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, my answers were always an author or a ballerina. Since I have the grace of a one legged zombie, I think I chose well.

Can you tell us a bit more about the books that are in the pipeline?

Love to. June 19th 2013, Winter Queen comes out. It’s the first in a trilogy. The second is Summer Queen (2014), last is Daughter of Winter (2015). Fall of 2013, the last in the Witch Song series comes out, entitled Witch Fall. I have a two more that will come out as soon as I find the time to finish them (The Brotherhood & The Forbidden Forest. Both the beginnings of projected trilogies.)

How did you get the idea to write a book about witches and use song as their power?

I wanted to twist dark chanting into beautiful singing. Witches are often portrayed as evil. I wanted my Witches to be very natural. Hence, their songs bend nature to their will. Women are stronger when their purposes are united, so a choir of Witches has a lot more power than a single Witch.

Songs are an important part of your book, so I was wondering: are you a talented singer?

Absolutely not. I have no musical ability whatsoever. :-)


Thank you so much for your time, Amber! It was lovely having you on the blog and I'm really looking forward to reading all your new books! 

No comments:

Post a Comment